The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'd kiss a frog....

but only if he had a great European accent. ^.^

I took the siblings to Princess and the Frog this morning. Mads had been bugging me for the past week to take her and I finally found a chance. I also felt that I owed it to both her and Boo cause I didn't take them to Astro Boy.

It was a very refreshing experience. Lately movies have been all about the latest CG so it was nice to see and old school animated movie. It was a very sweet story, but with a predictable Disney ending. There was a lot of singing and quiet a few funny moments. The only scary parts were with the Shadowman and the evil spirits he used to do his bidding. (It's comparable to the scene in Lion King when Scar is relaying his plan to the hyenas.)

Now I've just got to see Avatar and I'll be good till next week after Sherlock Holmes comes out.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you should have taken them to see Astro Boy. It is far better than Princess and the Frog. Frankly, it's better than UP. You want to see a movie that delights adults and children, that makes you laugh, makes you cry, has Pixar-level animation, a layered story, great musical score, accomplished voice acting, and lots of fights with giant robots? Two words: Astro Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must not have read my post on Astro Boy so for now I'm ignoring your praise of it because UP was by far a better movie. I didn't cry in Astro I cried in UP, so for me UP had a lot more emotional value. I also feel that Princess and the Frog was better in much different ways than Astro Boy.
    As to the not taking them, I do work. My schedule varies quite a lot depending on the holidays and how many people can work. Also I have responsibilities at home as well and it's very hard for me to take my family to the movies as it is. I just figured my brother and cousins would like it better than my sisters at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on the subject of astro boy, 2 words, nicholas cage. am i right people???

    ReplyDelete