The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Epicness

Epicness is now a word because it is the only way I can describe Avatar. It is seriously 10x better than all of the Lord of the Rings Extend Editions put together. I'm still reeling from the whole experience, so I don't think I can do it true justice but I'll try my best:

While the story is a very well used one, James Cameron twists it in such a way that it is truly spectacular. The depth he created sucked me in from the beginning and I didn't want to leave and was sad when it ended.

The characters, both real and CG, were brilliant. When the second lord of the rings came out, I was ecstatic with how they were able to bring a CG character to life in such a real way that you felt he was another actor (Gollum). Avatar was a whole 'nother level. Every movement of their face and body, the way they moved, and the way they interacted with other characters was incredible. While my mind knew it was all CG, my heart truly fell in love with the realism that was within.

I truly can't do the movie justice with my little words, you have to see it for yourself. In order to truly understand the "epicness" of what James Cameron has created, you have to see it and while the 3D is more expensive it is truly worth every penny.

Just be warned it is 3 hours long, so if you do get popcorn and drinks eat/drink them sparingly. You do not want to miss a minute of it. Also younger children may be frightened at some scenes and there is some language, so it is up to you.

My final rating is 10 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment