The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stress, School, and Stupid

My work here is totally not done...

I'm stressed about the convention my sister and I are going to.
I'm worried that she won't have a way to get there because I'll be heading there before her.
I'm worried that I will mess everything up with my friend who I haven't seen in forever.
I'm worried that I won't have enough money at the end of this thing to pay for school.
I feel bad because I didn't get my head in the game soon enough so I couldn't buy the costumes that I promised my sister.
I have to take a test for one of my classes before tonight or I'm screwed.
I don't know if i'm ready for the test anyway.
Right after school gets out I have to head to work to do a midnight so my co-worker who has school the next day doesn't have to.
I have to get up early the next morning so I can meet up with my friends to ride the train.
I have to write a Process essay by Tuesday inbetween going to the con and work monday.
I'm working basically the whole week except for the days I have school.
And I don't get paid till almost 2 weeks after the con which doesn't help because I'm missing a full weekend anyway so it won't be as much.

*deep breath*

Okay enough of that.

Here is what I do know:

I am really excited to go to this con, we've been planning it for months.
Either I'll come back and get my sister or she'll ride with her friends.
Not only am I meeting with my friend but she is sleeping over as well.
Using my l33t accounting skills I've hopefully worked everything out so I will still have money for my tuition payment and gas for the car.
We've decided to save our money and next year we are dressing up and we want to stay at the hotel where the con is too.
I'm only working 4 hours at most and I have a feeling this midnight will be a bust anyway so no big deal.
I don't have another tuition payment for the rest of the year after this one so whatever money i get from this next paycheck will go to building my account back up.
Work is work and since we hired 8 new people i can use all the work i can get.
I might even get to train a newbie on a till.
The essay is going to be "How to Survive an Anime Convention" so it all works out.
I should do okay on the test because I've learned about europe over and over again.

speak of tests... i should go take that test now.

1 comment:

  1. so, i think i need an update!

    it sounds really stressful, but you know what? take it a day at a time. or a minute. or a couple of seconds. you can do this. you can. you will get through it and then you can look at yourself and know how cool you really are.

    ReplyDelete