The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Levi-O-sa, not Leviosa...

On multiple occasions I have been astounded by the masses. When Twilight came out we had multiple midnight showing and a lot of people tried to dress up. Transformers was almost the same deal, just no dressing up.
Harry Potter was more like Twilight. Many people dressed up, waited in line for 4 hours at the most, and many decided that the movie was worth a trip to the concession stand...

We did much preparation before hand so that saved us a lot of trouble, but I still felt flustered every time I heard something running out, or when everyone was coming to our ice bin cause the other 2 had run out, add the fact that from 10 on we never shut off the poppers made it quite the experience. By the end of it all though we did what we could and stayed happy.

There had been talk amongst my friend of going in and seeing the movie on Wednesday night. I said that i would be interested in going, even though i have not seen the fifth movie nor have I read the 6th book. The movie wasn't sold out so I was allowed to use my employee passes which worked out pretty well with how many people we had in our group. It was all just people I know from work which was really nice.

I will admit now, I am a Dork with a capital D. I dressed up for the movie. I was the only one in the entire theatre who dressed up for that day. I went as a dementor, so it wasn't a major costume or anything (though I realized I could have said I was a death eater too) but I still felt like a dork. However, one of my friends at work said that if he hadn't worked that day or knew that I was dressing up he would have too.
We made a plan though. Next time he sees it if I'm not working we will both dress up together and see it again.

Having not read the book, I can't really nit-pick at the movie. I still really liked it though and thought that they did a pretty good job with whatever material they decided to use out of the book. My only complaint was that they seemed to rush the story along a little faster than I would have liked.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars. This is one you could even take kids to.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i love that you dressed up. and i am so excited to see it. thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. most of the changes from the book were minor, though there were a couple of biggies. we won't know until the next movie how bid of a deal these changes are...

    still, i really enjoyed it! there were some beautifully moving scenes (an incredibly talented adult cast!) as well as amazing fx! (this is not the quidditch from the first movies!)

    chilly dressed up, (and cried at the death scene) the rest of us just wore hp t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete