The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Why is everything so dark?

Before I get to big thing that happened today I would like to have a moment of silence for a beloved TV series that has been butchered by one M. Night Shyamalan. I am sure hundreds of angry fans have already voiced their displeasure towards his horrendous retelling of this beloved series and while I may not be as angry, I'm still saddened by this turn of events.

After waiting in line for about two hours and placing at least 7 temporary tattoos each on ourselves Boo and I went in to the theatre at 11:45 and at 12:01 the movie started. At 1:59 a.m. we looked at each other and wondered what the heck did we just watch. To me it felt like a very long trailer and most of the acting was very lacking in depth. The only saving grace was the special effects and the fact that it is very faced paced so you don't have to suffer for very long.

I would go see it again just to take family, but I'll be wincing and wishing that they had done a better job than what they did.




Okay now that that's over here is the more interesting thing that happened. I was opening the stand and usually on Fridays all who open the theater pick a place for food and I go and get it. After returning with food we all sat down in the managers break room and chatted while we ate. At about 12:15 the lights went out in that section of the building and there was much hustling to figure out what happened. I went back to the stand to find that we had lost our soda fountains, but we still had a few other things that still worked.
About 20 mins. later we lost everything else and hundreds of angry customers descended on our poor little stand. We must of handed out at least 400 rain checks (basically free tickets) but we couldn't do any concession refunds because we had lost our computers. After all the customers had gone J sent all the openers home, seeing no reason to keep us when there was nothing we could do.

As it turns out the nearby Mall had blown a transformer (I wished it was a bright yellow camero but alas it was just a regular old transformer.) which in turn had knocked out our power since we are on the same grid. I'm not sure if the other theatre close to us was affected, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.


Now I have just tomorrow night to look forward to. With our last showing being at 11:55 p.m. I'm sure everyone is going to be a little cranky and very short on patience...

All because of Eclipse.....


*sigh* Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. So, Airbender wasn't that great? Dave wants to take the kids . . . should we wait for the dollar theater?

    I love your quote about the inner demons and illegal holds. I borrowed it and used it in a few places.

    xo -E

    P.S. I hope you don't mind that I lurk here.

    ReplyDelete