The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No Work = Baths?

I shouldn't really be complaining, both my parents combined work about 4x more than I do. But with my school schedule I can't work either day or night 2 days of the week so I'm down to 3 shifts. My friday and saturday is basically set in stone and lately i've been working monday, but that one could change.

the shortened shifts make it harder, but i'm muddling along.

It does give me more time in the day to do... basically whatever. I've been catching up with some stuff that i've hadn't done yet. For instance today my big adventure was....

Giving Kimi a bath.

This dog is more like a cat than a dog. She really doesn't like water at all, so i tried to make it easier on her. I made sure to have everything ready before I coaxed her into the bathroom and waited till she was comfortable before i closed the door. i tied her to the bathtub so she couldn't jump out and proceeded to clean her.
The worst area is usually her chest because her tags bleed on her fur turning it black, but she also just needed one in general. I felt so bad though because she started whining and her body was shaking (the water was not cold), she even tried to jump out on a few occasions. Soon enough though i was done washing her so I pulled her out and dried her off.

She basically ran away from me after that.


Oh well, it'll probably be another 6 months till she gets another one. She likes to keep herself clean, but sometimes she just needs a little helping hand.... or thumbs.

thumbs are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment