The popcorn pushers quote of whenever i update:

Experience is the sinking feeling that you've made this mistake before.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Can't say much cause I haven't done much...

October seemed to be the stressful month, what with Anime Banzai and my last tuition payment all within a week of each other. After all that though, everything is kinda quite....

My job is the same for the most part. One of the managers says that I may be getting more box office shifts because of all the new concession people. Alas, in light of this wonderful news came a tragedy... the whole staff has had our passes taken away. Now we can't go watch movies for free until the issue that caused all this is fixed, and with 8 new people that could take a while.

I was lucky though and took my cousins Harry and Chili along with my brother to Astroboy before the passes were swiped. G-bear and Chili i know liked it, but Harry i'm not so sure. Whenever i would ask him what he thought he would just say "it was okay", so i'm kinda unsure here. Amongst all this I have two dear sisters who are mad at me cause i didn't take them to Astro, so now i have to make it up to them somehow...

Astroboy was surprisingly pretty good. They really tried to keep the original style, though from what i've heard the actual story is very different than the movie one. The beginning was kinda dodgy, but the rest makes up for it. They had a lot of great voice talent, but i think that Nicholas Cage was a bad choice for such an important role as Dr. Tenma, the creator of Astro. His voice doesn't really change pitch at all, so you can never really tell if he loves Astro cause he used the same voice to say that he is angry at him. (I don't like NC as an actor anyway, the only good things he's done is National Treasure and Gone in 60 Seconds) Regardless, the movie is a great family movie for all ages with a warm hearted storyline... once you get past the beginning.

Halloween I had to work, but I was in box so I decided to dress up. I went simply as an elf, probably one that lives in Rivendale. I was interesting being in box, luckily we weren't crazy busy and the night went by fast. However, i've now found out how much more you get yelled at in box, mostly about our policy pertaining to R rated movies. I can't issue a ticket until i see an i.d. (unless i can easily tell you are over the age limit), and if you are under 16 you have to have YOUR parent with you, not someone else's. So simple and yet people don't seem to get it and i get yelled at. Oh well....

Now that it's November I feel like everything is going to go by too fast, but i've also got a lot to do as well, so that's not gonna help. I have to finish up school stuff and register for spring and i have to apply for a grant for next fall. I'm praying that Grandma will be willing to have Thanksgiving Dinner early again, that way i can still enjoy it and work later on. That gives me a better chance to have Christmas Day off, especially since i'm willing to work Christmas Eve and New Years Eve as well. I just have to make sure i get in there when they put up the "pick your own shift" schedule up as fast as possible.

I guess i'll just have to take this one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment